Saturday, July 11, 2009

come back to me


"untitled" (found photograph)
keep art alive; artist unknown

"all this for nothing, yeah yeah yeah,
praying and hoping, fooling yourself.
you know that you can give love a reason,
give love a chance.
we tumble and fall."
waking up early from a dream where things made sense and falling did not leave marks and scars, that is how this morning felt when i first opened my eyes. though i also woke up sleepy-eyed and worn out. perhaps in my subconscious slumber i was running around trying to sort out the loose-ends of my life, or was i in a passionate embrace i was not quite ready to leave? do we live a completely different life in our dreams, or do we just tumble through our waking life wishes and wants?

this was the first song i heard this morning. something about it reminds me of the last song i heard before closing my eyes the night prior which was anenome by the brian jonestown massacre, which i will include in this, as well. there is a similarity in the songs that is not surface clear, but i hear it, or maybe i just feel it. did anenome set the tone for the dreams i had? and did tumble and fall bridge the dreamscape into my waking life this morning? or, is this just all the rambling nonsense of my first cup of coffee psyche? either way, the music is good this morning.


"now i'm missing you more,
cause baby you're not around,
now that you're not around."

anenome (video) ~ the brian jonestown massacre
anenome ~ the brian jonestown massacre

No comments:

Post a Comment